Create conditions for the large-scale open access transformation in accordance with the Alliance of German Science Organizations.
Creation of a one-stop contact point.
The central point of contact for universities and non-university research institutions aims the open exchange on transformation models and the
consequences for the individual scientific institutions. At the same time, it serves to network national actors and acts as a link to the global
OA2020 community within the framework of the transformation initiative.
Create a support system for individual institutions to analyse the relationships between publications and publication costs.
Interested scientific institutions are supported in obtaining a clear picture of their own publication volume and the costs associated with the
purchase and / or distribution of scientific publications. For this purpose, a platform will be set up to collect all the financial data needed
and to support it through the facilities in carrying out the analyses.
Investigation of financial flows and development of financing models.
OA2020-De will examine the financial flows at least on three levels: funding - credits / organisations with high publication rates - organisations
who publish less / in-house cash flows, including administrative costs. Based on this, open access financing models are developed and openly discussed
with all actors in the publication market (libraries, scientific institutions, publishers and research funders).
Conceptual development of the negotiation strategy of the scientific institutions towards science publishers.
The improved database will make it possible to develop the negotiation strategies of scientific institutions over the publishers further conceptual.
OA2020-DE will help the scientific institutions to make strategic use of the analysed data and to share the experience gained with other institutions.
Create information material & handouts.
In addition to conducting events, such as Roadshows and workshops, appropriate information materials and handouts are created.
- Milestone 1: Networking, communication activities and online presence.
- Milestone 2: Aggregation of national and international data on publication volume and publication costs as well as development of a supportive analysis platform.
- Milestone 3: Analysis of financial flows and gains of other scientific institutions for open access transformation.
- Milestone 4: Development of transformation models with actors from the scientific institutions and publishers. Discussion of the models with the science publishers.
- Milestone 5: Modeling of financing models and consulting with the research funders.
- Milestone 6: Development of practical handouts and information materials.
- Milestone 7: Discussion with and advice of negotiating institutions.
- Milestone 8: Final workshop, project report.